Resolution No. 9002
GUIDELINES IN THE CLUSTERING/GROUPING OF PRECINCTS
FOR PURPOSES OF THE OCTOBER 25, 2010 BARANGAY AND
SANGGUNIANG KABATAAN (SK) ELECTIONS.
Promulgation: 08 July 2010
WHEREAS, the Commission on Elections foresees the insufficiency of teachers to serve as member of the Board of Election Tellers (BETs) and the shortage of school buildings as polling centers for the October 25, 2010 Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections;
WHEREAS, it is impractical to assign one Board of Election Tellers (BETs) to a very minimal number of registered voters;
WHEREAS, based on the foregoing considerations, there is a need to direct all Election Officers nationwide to cluster/group established precincts in connection with the October 25, 2010, Barangay and SK Elections;
NOW, THEREFORE, The Commission, by virtue of the powers vested in it by the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines; the Omnibus Election Code and other election laws, RESOLVED, as it hereby RESOLVES, to promulgate the following guidelines on the clustering/grouping of established precincts:
- That only precincts within the same barangay and the same voting center shall be clustered/grouped;
- That daughter precincts shall, as far as practicable, be clustered / grouped with its mother precincts;
- For Barangay Elections, the aggregate number of registered voters in the clustered/grouped precincts shall not exceed four hundred (400);
- That the Barangay clustered/grouped precincts shall not exceed three (3);
- For SK Elections, the established SK precincts shall be distributed/allocated/attached to the clustered/grouped precincts of the same barangay and the same voting center with the lowest number of registered voters. In no case shall the total combined number of registered voters in a clustered precinct for both Barangay and SK exceed five hundred (500);
- The individual precinct number of the clustered/grouped precincts shall be retained;
- In case precincts are clustered/grouped, each precinct shall maintain its own or separate Election Day Computerized Voters List (EDCVL), Posted Computerized Voters List (PCVL), and Book of Voters. In no case shall the Election Day Computerized Voters List (EDCVL), Posted Computerized Voters List (PCVL), and the Book of Voters of the clustered/grouped precincts be consolidated or merged; and,
- The Election Officers shall prepare the Project of Precincts (After Clustering/Grouping) for the October 25, 2010 Barangay, the POP for the SK Elections in the format hereto attached as Annexes "A" and "B," respectively and the combined Final POP for the Barangay and SK Elections in the format attached as Annex "C."
RESOLVED further, to deploy off-site verification teams from the Election and Barangay Affairs Department and Information Technology Department, who shall conduct checking and gathering of the nationwide POPs and voters' database in conformity with the applicable laws and guidelines from August 20 to 30, 2010;
RESOLVED furthermore, to ensure compliance with the deadline for the submission of the Project of Precincts (After Clustering/Grouping), the Regional EIection Directors, Assistant Regional Election Directors and the Provincial Election Supervisors are hereby directed to supervise and monitor the clustering/grouping process, and shall be held directly responsible for the non-submission of the required Project of Precincts within the prescribed period.
Let the Election and Barangay Affairs Department implement this Resolution.
|(Sgd.) JOSE A.R. MELO|
(Sgd.) RENE V. SARMIENTO
|(Sgd.) NICODEMO T. FERRER
LUCENITO N. TAGLE
|(Sgd.) ARMANDO C. VELASCO
|(Sgd.) ELIAS R. YUSOPH
GREGORIO Y. LARRAZABAL
Resolution No. 9002 [.pdf] [156 KB]