All Applicants for Gun Ban Exemption
Requirements and Procedures - Application for Renewal or Issuance of Certificate of Authority to Avail/Employ/ Engage Security Personnel or Permit to Transport
Date: 02 September 2013
Pursuant to Comelec Resolution No. 9715 which prescribed the calendar of activities and period of prohibited acts in connection with the 28 October 2013 Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections, gun ban shall be imposed beginning on 28 September 2013 until 12 November 2013.
In view thereof, please be informed that starting on 04 September 2013 (Wednesday), the Committee on the Ban on Firearms and Security Personnel (“CBFSP”) will be accepting applications for the renewal or issuance of Certificate of Authority to Avail/ Employ/ Engage Security Personnel or Permit to Transport upon submission of the following documents:
- For OLD Applicants:
- Letter request for renewal of authority signed by the applicant/head of agency/ head of mission, and addressed to the CBFSP Chairman;
- Original or Certified True Copy of the Certificate of Authority issued by the CBFSP for the 13 May 2013 elections;
- Original or Certified True Copy of the CBFSP Form attached to the Certificate of Authority; and
- Official Receipt of payment of application fees.
The foregoing documents shall be submitted to the CBFSP Office at the Office of Commissioner Elias R. Yusoph, 8th Floor, Palacio Del Gobernador, Intramuros, Manila.
For purposes of renewal, the roster of personnel in the CBFSP Form cannot be expanded but the details may be varied for justifiable reasons, such as expiration of license, change of assignment, reduction of employee, PROVIDED, an updated CBFSP Form with supporting documents shall be submitted.
- For NEW Applicants:
- Letter request for issuance of authority signed by the applicant/ head of agency/head of mission, and addressed to the CBFSP Chairman;
- Duly accomplished applicable CBFSP Form:
- Other requirements as enumerated in the applicable CBFSP Form; and
- Official Receipt of payment of application fee.
The foregoing documents may be submitted to the CBFSP Office, or to the nearest Regional Joint Security Control Center (“RJSCC”) pursuant to Comelec Resolution No. 9561-A, as amended.
Please note that payments made to the CBFSP as application and processing fees for the renewal or issuance of Certificate of Authority to Avail/ Employ/ Engage Security Personnel or Permit to Transport shall not be refunded for whatever reason. Also, use of falsified document shall authorize the CBFSP to automatically deny any application, without prejudice to the filing of appropriate legal action.
In time for the start of the gun ban period, the CBFSP is encouraging applicants to file at the earliest opportunity to avoid the rush. Below are the steps for your guidance:
- Secure and fill-out Order of Payment for the assessment of application and processing fees at the CBFSP Office.
- Pay the assessed fees at the Cash Division of Comelec, or through Landbank of the Philippines.
- Submit your documents at the CBFSP Office, or at the nearest RJSCC (if new applicant).
- Documents submitted at the CBFSP Office will be stamped RECEIVED and forwarded to the operations group for PROCESSING, while documents submitted to the RJSCC will be forwarded to the CBFSP Office for processing.
- Receive the Certificate of Authority to Avail/ Employ/ Engage Security Personnel and/ or Permit to Transport.
If you have questions or clarifications, you may call Arafat P. Yusoph or Atty. Cristina V. Caybot-Gilapay at 521-1319/521-5390, or Atty. Joseph S. Vega at 527-0843/527-1897.
For your information and compliance.
|(Sgd.) ELIAS R. YUSOPH|
Download PDF Version [.pdf] [1,244 KB]
Form 2012-1 for Law Enforcement Agencies and Courts [.xlsx] [12 KB]
Form 2012-1A for Diplomatic Corp [.xlsx] [12 KB]
Form 2012-2 for Security Agencies [.xlsx] [12 KB]
Form 2012-3 for Security Personnel [.docx] [29 KB]