Resolution No. 9718
GUIDELINES IN THE CLUSTERING/GROUPING OF PRECINCTS FOR PURPOSES OF THE OCTOBER 28, 2013 SYNCHRONIZED BARANGAY AND SANGGUNIANG KABATAAN (SK) ELECTIONS
Promulgation: 18 June 2013
WHEREAS, the Commission foresees the insufficiency of public school teachers who shall serve as members of the Board of Election Tellers (BETs) and the shortage of public school buildings as voting centers/polling places for the upcoming October 28, 2013 Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) Elections;
WHEREAS, it is impractical and uneconomical to assign one (1) BET to established precincts which have a very minimal number of registered voters;
WHEREAS, security and other logistical considerations impel the Commission to direct all Election Officers (EOs)/Acting Election Officers (AEOs) nationwide to cluster/group precincts in connection with the forthcoming Barangay and SK Elections to effectively manage its budget for the October 28, 2013 Barangay and SK Elections;
NOW, THEREFORE, The Commission, by virtue of the powers vested in it by the 1987 Philippine Constitution, Omnibus Election Code (OEC) and other election laws, RESOLVED, as it hereby RESOLVES, to promulgate the following guidelines on the clustering/grouping of precincts, viz:
- That only established precincts of the same barangay which have the same voting center shall be clustered/grouped;
- That daughter precincts shall, as far as practicable, be clustered /grouped with their mother precincts;
- The SK precincts shall be distributed/attached to regular clustered/grouped of precincts of the same barangay and the same voting center with the lowest number of registered voters;
- For clustered/grouped precincts which includes an SK precinct, a maximum of four (4) established precincts may be clustered/grouped, but the total number of registered voters in each clustered/grouped of precincts shall not exceed five hundred (500);
- For clustered/grouped of precincts with no SK precinct, a maximum of three (3) established precincts may be clustered/grouped, but the total number of registered voters in each clustered/grouped of precincts shall not exceed four hundred (400);
- Each established precinct in a clustered/grouped precinct shall have its own or separate Election Day Computerized Voters List (EDCVL) and Posted Computerized Voters List (PCVL). In no case, said EDCVL and PCVL be consolidated or merged; and
- The EOs/AEOs shall prepare three (3) sets of Project of Precincts (POPs), for Barangay (Annex "A"), SK (Annex "B") and the final POP (Annex "C") showing the combination of both, after the clustering/grouping of precincts has been completed in connection with the October 28, 2013 Barangay and SK Elections.
All Election Officers are hereby directed to submit by the fastest means available hard/soft copies of the Final Project of Precincts (POP) for the upcoming October 28, 2013 Barangay and SK Elections to the Election and Barangay Affairs Department (EBAD) on/before August 19, 2013 (Monday). In preparing the POP, all EOs are enjoined to include the specific address or location of the polling place/voting center.
RESOLVED further, to ensure compliance with the deadline for the submission of all the required Project of Precincts (POPs), the Regional Election Directors (REDs)/ Assistant Regional Election Directors (AREDs) and the Provincial Election Supervisors (PESs) are hereby directed to supervise and monitor the implementation of this Resolution on the clustering/grouping of precincts and shall be held directly responsible for the non-submission thereof within the prescribed period.
RESOLVED furthermore, to direct EBAD to submit to the Commission En Banc for its approval the final POP for the October 28, 2013 Barangay and SK Elections on August 30, 2013 (Friday).
Let the Election and Barangay Affairs Department implement this Resolution.
- BRILLANTES, SIXTO S., Jr., Chairman
- TAGLE, LUCENITO N., Commissioner
- YUSOPH, ELIAS R., Commissioner
- LIM, CHRISTIAN ROBERT S., Commissioner
- PADACA, MARIA GRACIA CIELO M., Commissioner
- PARREÑO, AL A., Commissioner
- GUIA, LUIE TITO F., Commissioner
Download PDF Version [.pdf] [2,313 KB]
Annex A [.pdf] [373 KB]
Annex B [.pdf] [379 KB]
Annex C [.pdf] [601 KB]