Resolution No. 9562
IN THE MATTER OF CLUSTERING/GROUPING OF PRECINCTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE MAY 13, 2013 AUTOMATED NATIONAL, LOCAL AND ARMM REGIONAL ELECTIONS
Promulgation: 23 November 2012
WHEREAS, the 1987 Philippine Constitution and the Omnibus Election Code vests upon the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) the power to administer and enforce all election laws and to promulgate rules and regulations for the conduct of free, orderly and honest elections;
WHEREAS, the use of PCOS machines in the conduct of automated elections require data which may be determined from the final Project of Precincts (POPs), i. e., the number of established precincts, respective number of registered voters and their voting centers, said data being necessary for the proper allocation of the Precinct Count Optical Scan (PCOS) machines, official ballots, election returns and other election forms and paraphernalia;
WHEREAS, taking into consideration the number of PCOS machines to be used, the insufficient number of public school buildings and other structures available for use as polling places/voting centers, there is a need to cluster/group established precincts;
NOW, THEREFORE, the Commission, by virtue of the powers vested in it by the 1987 Philippine Constitution, the Omnibus Election Code (B.P. 881), R.A.6646, R.A. 8436 and other election laws, RESOLVED, as it hereby RESOLVES, to promulgate the following guidelines on the clustering/grouping of precincts, to wit:
- Precincts to be clustered/grouped, as far as practicable shall be contiguous and belong to the same barangay and voting center;
- Mother and daughter precinct/s shall, as far as practicable, belong to the same clustered/grouped precincts;
- Established precincts in one (1) cluster/group must not exceed
Seven (7) with an aggregate number of registered voters not exceeding One thousand (1,000);
- Each clustered/grouped precinct shall be assigned one (1) Board of Election Inspectors (BEIs);
- Individual precinct number, Election Day Computerized Voters’ List (EDCVL), Precinct Computerized Voters’ List (PCVL) and Book of Voters (BOVs) of each precinct in every clustered or grouped of precincts shall be maintained; and
- The voters shall be notified of the location of their polling place by posting the final Project of Precincts (POP) in the bulletin board of the Offices of Election Officers (OEOs), of the city or municipal hall and barangays.
RESOLVED, further, to direct all REDs, AREDs, PESs and EOs to ensure that all POPs and SNPDAT shall be submitted to the off-site Verification Team during the verification period and that they shall be jointly responsible for its non-submission.
Let the Election and Barangay Affairs Department (EBAD) and the Information Technology Department (ITD) implement this Resolution.
|(Sgd.) SIXTO S. BRILLANTES, JR.|
|(Sgd.) RENE V. SARMIENTO
|(Sgd.) LUCENITO N. TAGLE
|(Sgd.) ARMANDO C. VELASCO
|(Sgd.) ELIAS R. YUSOPH
|(Sgd.) CHRISTIAN ROBERT S. LIM
|(Sgd.) MARIA GRACIA CIELO M. PADACA
Download PDF Version [.pdf] [502 KB]