- A Filipino citizen;
- At least eighteen (18) years of age;
- A resident of the Philippines for at least one (1) year;
- A resident in the place wherein he proposes to vote for at least six (6) months immediately preceding the election; and
- Not otherwise disqualified by law.
Even if you satisfy the first four (4) requirements, you will be disqualified from filing or you will not be allowed to file an application for registration if you are any one of the following:
- Any person who has been sentenced by final judgment to suffer imprisonment for not less than one (1) year, such disability not having been removed by plenary pardon or amnesty;
- Any person who has been adjudged by final judgment by a competent court or tribunal of having committed any crime involving disloyalty to the duly-constituted government, such as, rebellion, insurrection, violation of the firearms laws, or any crime against national security unless restored to his full civil and political rights in accordance with law; and
- Insane or incompetent person as declared by competent authority unless subsequently declared by proper authority that such person is no longer insane or incompetent.