Title Two | Chapter 2
MUNICIPAL OFFICIALS IN GENERAL
Sec. 443. Officials of the Municipal Government. -
- There shall be in each municipality a municipal mayor, a municipal vice-mayor, Sangguniang Bayan members, a secretary to the Sangguniang Bayan, a municipal treasurer, a municipal assessor, a municipal accountant, a municipal budget officer, a municipal planning and development coordinator, a municipal engineer/building official, a municipal health officer and a municipal civil registrar.
- In addition thereto, the mayor may appoint a municipal administrator, a municipal legal officer, a municipal agriculturist, a municipal environment and natural resources officer, a municipal social welfare and development officer, a municipal architect, and a municipal information officer.
- The Sangguniang Bayan may:
- Maintain existing offices not mentioned in subsections (a) and (b) hereof;
- Create such other offices as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of the municipal government; or
- Consolidate the functions of any office with those of another in the interest of efficiency and economy.
- Unless otherwise provided herein, heads of departments and offices shall be appointed by the municipal mayor with the concurrence of the majority of all the Sangguniang Bayan members, subject to civil service law, rules and regulations. The Sangguniang Bayan shall act on the appointment within fifteen (15) days from the date of its submission; otherwise, the same shall be deemed confirmed.
- Elective and appointive municipal officials shall receive such compensation, allowances and other emoluments as may be determined by law or ordinance, subject to the budgetary limitations on personal services as prescribed in Title Five, Book Two of this Code: Provided, That no increase in compensation of the mayor, vice-mayor, and Sangguniang Bayan members shall take effect until after the expiration of the full term of all the elective local officials approving such increase.
POSTED: 05.02.2012 MCDR, UPDATED: 06.21.2012 MCDR