Bids and Awards Committee
Invitation to Bid
Provision of Special Courier Services
Reference No. BAC 2012-008COS
Date: 03 November 2012
- The Commission on Elections (COMELEC), through the General Appropriations Act for 2012, intends to apply the sum of Eighteen Million Two Hundred Seven Thousand Six Hundred Seventy Nine Pesos and 15/100 (Php18,207,679.15), inclusive of taxes, fees and other charges, in payment for the provision of courier services:
Lot No. Areas ABC (Php) 1 CAR 604,403.87 Abra, Apayao, Benguet, Ifugao, Kalinga, Mt. Province 2 Region I (Ilocos Region) 1,071,163.59 Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan 3 Region II (Cagayan Valley) 664,145.58 Cagayan (except Municipalities of Calayan, Aparri and Gatarran) Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya and Quirino 4 Region III (CENTRAL LUZON) 1,356,849.78 Aurora, Bataan, Bulacan, Pampanga, Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, Zambales 5 Region IV-A (CALABARZON) 1,712,671.46 Quezon (except Municipalities of Jomalig, Patnanungan, Burdeos, Polillo, Real, Infanta, Gen. Nakar, Panukulan, Atimonan, Alabat, Perez, Gumaca, Quezon, Lucban, Mauban and Sampalok) Batangas, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal 6 Region V (BICOL REGION) 880,588.67 Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, Masbate and Sorsogon 7 Region VI (Western Visayas) 1,411,118.95 Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo and Negros Occidental 8 Region VII (Central Visayas) 1,499,119.73 Bohol, Cebu, Negros Oriental and Siquijor 9 Region VIII (Eastern Visayas) 1,276,532.02 Leyte, Samar, Southern Leyte, Northern Samar, Biliran and Eastern Samar 10 Region IX (Western Mindanao) 776,393.69 Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur and Zamboanga Sibugay 11 Region X (Northern Mindanao) 906,127.25 Bukidnon, Camiguin, Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental and Misamis Oriental 12 Region XI (Southern Mindanao) 702,935.11 Compostella Valley, Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur and Davao Oriental 13 Region XII (Central Mindanao) and ARMM 1,761,794.43 North Cotabato, South Cotabato, Sarangani, Sultan Kudarat and Maguindanao (ARMM) 14 Region XIII (CARAGA) 623,950.63 Surigao del Sur except Bislig City and Municipalities of Barobo, Hinatuan, Llanga, Lingig and Tagbina Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Dinagat Islands and Surigao del Norte 15 LUZON PRIORITY AREAS 1,146,879.32 Batanes Province, Municipalities of Calayan, Aparri and Gattaran in Cagayan Province, 16 Municipalities of Quezon Province (refer to Lot no. 5) and all provinces of Region IV-B: Marinduque, Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Palawan and Romblon. 16 MINDANAO PRIORITY AREAS 1,813,005.06 Bislig City, 5 Municipalities in Surigao del Sur (refer to Lot no. 14) and ARMM except Maguindanao (refer to Lot no. 13). TOTAL 18,207,679.15
Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) per Category (Documents and Equipment)
Category of Cargoes Destination/Rate (Php) Luzon Visayas Mindanao Documents (Package/Parcel/Pouch) 1 Mail Letter less than 0.40 kgs. (fixed) 84.67 89.67 89.66 2 Documents 0.4 kgs to 5.0 kgs (fixed) 288.33 302.33 321.66 3 In excess of 5.0 kgs. (rate per kilo) 58.33 62.00 59.67 Equipment 1 Less than 0.5 kgs. (fixed) 85.67 91.33 93.00 2 0.5 kgs to 5.0 kgs. (fixed) 296.67 310.67 330.00 3 In excess of 5.0 kgs. (rate per kilo) 58.33 60.33 63.00
Forwarding Services (Minimum of 50 Kgs.) (Lot 15 and 16) Particulars Luzon Mindanao 1 Rate per Kilo 58.33 63.00 2 Out of Town Delivery (OTD) (rate per kilo) 35.33 44.00
- Rates are "ALL IN" for documents.
- Rates are "ALL IN" plus valuation/insurance charge for equipment.
- Rates in excess of five (5) kilos shall be computed up to two (2) decimal places. (e.g. for 8.50 kgs. cargo dispatched less 5kgs = 3.50kgs x Php58.33 (Luzon rate) =Php 204.16 + Php 288.33 (rate of 0.4 to 5kgs.) = Php 492.49 total Cost).
- For Lot Fifteen (15) and Sixteen (16) rates shall be computed (weight of cargo x rate per kilo + weight of cargo x OTD rate per kilo. Minimum of 50kgs per transaction.
- Valuation/Insurance Charge: Php1.00 for every Php100.00 declared value for via AIR except for documents with minimum valuation.
- Valuation/Insurance Charge: Php3.00 for every Php1000.00 declared value via sea except for documents with minimum valuation.
- The volume weight shall be computed: Length x width x height of cargo in centimeter divided by 6,000 for via AIR destinations Cebu, Puerto Princesa, Davao and General Santos and by Land/sea transportation . For other destinations via AIR the divisor is 3,500.
Bids received in excess of the ABC per lot of each component shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
- The COMELEC now invites bids for the said courier services. Bidders should have completed, within five (5) years before the date of submission and receipt of bids, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II, Instructions to Bidders.
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using a non-discretionary "pass/fail" criterion for the eligibility requirements.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from the COMELEC and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 8:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M, Mondays to Fridays, except holidays:
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders on November 5 to November 26, 2012 from the address above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents in the amount of Twelve Thousand Pesos (Php12,000.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of COMELEC (www.comelec.gov.ph), provided that Bidders shall pay the non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
- The COMELEC will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on November 12, 2012, 10 o'clock in the morning, at the COMELEC Session Hall, 8th Floor, Palacio del Gobernador, Intramuros, Manila, which shall be open only to all interested parties who have purchased the Bidding Documents.
- Bids must be delivered to the BAC Secretariat, COMELEC Session Hall, on November 26, 2012, not later than 10:00 o'clock in the morning, COMELEC time. All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in Clause 18 of Instructions to Bidders (ITB). Late bids shall not be accepted.
- Bid opening shall be on November 26, 2012, right after the submission of bids, at the COMELEC Session Hall. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders' representatives.
- The COMELEC reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
THE BAC SECRETARIAT
c/o The Administrative Services Department
Commission on Elections
G/F Shipping Center Building
Contact Number: 527-55-86; 527-07-21
|(Sgd) J. THADDEUS P. HERNAN
Bids and Awards Committee
Download PDF Version [.pdf] [1,639 KB]
Download Bidding Documents [.pdf] [656 KB]